The Peel Leadership Centre is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Collaborative Leadership in Community (CLiC) program. Eligible individuals are invited to apply by 5 pm Tuesday, June 26th, 2012.
What is the Collaborative Leadership in Community (CLiC) Program?
The CLiC program is an interactive, intensive program focused on developing or enhancing characteristics consistent with a collaborative style of leadership. The CLiC program will allow participants to build strong leadership networks and provide a place for learning together about effective collaborative leadership practices. They will also develop their own capacities to lead effectively alongside others.
Why focus on developing collaborative leadership?
Collaborative leadership is a process or method to guide a diverse group of people to find solutions to complex problems that affect them all and to encourage systems change. It is essential that current and future community leaders adopt a collaborative approach to address Peel’s complex and interconnected community issues. Given the emergent nature of this type of work, the skills and characteristics required to lead impactful collaborative efforts are typically not the same as those needed to lead effectively within traditional, hierarchical structures.
Who is eligible?
- Are committed to personal growth and development
- Work or volunteer with the nonprofit sector in Peel Region.
- Are interested in developing leadership skills and a professional network.
- Are interested in enhancing knowledge and skills to become a strong collaborative leader.
- Are interested in actively creating positive social change within Peel Region.
Up to twenty (20) applicants will be accepted into the CLiC program. To enhance the richness of the learning experience, we are seeking participants with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Please review attached information and application package carefully. Please follow instructions. Applicants will be notified of the results by email in mid August 2012.
This program is generously supported by a community grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
What the CLiC Graduates of 2011/2012 had to say…
“This is an awesome experience!”
“Really liked this session. Gave me good, impactful perspective on community services and partners. There are so many opportunities for collaboration with these leaders and service providers.”
“Another great learning experience. Great Topic.”
“Powerful and very helpful learning today!”
“Very interactive process and hands on which is a very excellent learning tool.”
“Thank you for the organization and implementation of this fabulous program.”
“Michelle is a wonderful facilitator. She is very engaging and time seemed to fly by. I very much enjoyed the day!”
“Greatly executed program! Very interactive, stimulating and insightful.”
For More Information, Please Contact: Navtej K. Mudhar PLC Program Coordinator Email: email@example.com Phone: 905-602-3635
September 15th saw the launch of PLC’s brand new Collaborative Leadership In Community (CLiC) Program. Funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, CLiC is an interactive, intensive program focused on developing or enhancing characteristics consistent with a collaborative style of leadership.
20 participants, representing a wide variety of Peel based agencies and community groups, came together in the first workshop to explore the fundamental concepts of collaborative leadership.
Here are just a few comments from the group:
- “It was fantastic. Nothing to change. Thank you for an awesome day. I look forward to the next session.”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the session. The first session was great. I love the learning and the energy.”
- “Had a blast! Thank you!”
- “Excellent facilitation, Michelle. I love your sense of humour.”
- “Well organized. Very interactive.”
- “Greatly executed program! Very interactive, stimulating and insightful.”
- “Loved the material and small group discussions.”
We took a few candid pictures of the group hard at work. Check them out here.